DOH releases Care and Support White Paper
The Department of Health has published the ‘Caring for Our Future: Reforming Care and Support’ White Paper, which sets out the Government’s vision for a reformed care and support system.
The proposed new system will:
- Focus on people’s wellbeing and support them to stay independent for as long as possible
- Introduce greater national consistency in access to care and support
- Provide better information to help people make choices about their care
- Give people more control over their care
- Improve support for carers
- Improve the quality of care and support
- Improve integration of different services
More information about the White Paper and the draft Care and Support Bill, visit the DOH’s Caring for Our Future website.