The Peele is a 108 bed state-of-the-art care home based in Wythenshawe, Manchester. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people and people living with dementia. We are proud to deliver support in your area, as part of the award-winning national social care charity Community Integrated Care.
Our home was designed by award winning architects and combines cutting edge modern design with a caring and homely approach to care.
With our highly trained staff, specialist facilities and philosophy of promoting happy, active and fulfilled lives, we aspire to provide the highest standards of support.
Person Centred Care
We are committed to providing personalised support that promotes people leading full, happy and independent lives:
- Our colleagues receive specialist training and mentoring.
- We really get to know the people we support. To achieve this, we spend time understanding their life story and the things that are important to them, so we focus on the things that really matter to them.
- Every person we support has a named key worker who helps develop their own personalised care.
The Peele is a warm, welcoming and friendly home that has some very special features.
- Every person has their own comfortable and spacious en-suite bedroom. They can personalise their room to their tastes.
- Our home has many wonderful spaces to relax in and enjoy company, including an activities room, library and lounges.
- We have beautiful sensory gardens, so people we support can enjoy relaxation and activity outdoors.
- As a specialist dementia service, our furnishings and lighting are purpose designed to meet the needs of people we support.
- We work with Apetito, Britain’s leading caterers for older people’s care homes. They offer an extensive range of nutritious and delicious meals, which suit every taste. We also support people who have specialist diets.
An Active Life
At The Peele, we run an extensive activity programme and support people to enjoy days out in the community too. By getting to know the people we support well, we are able to offer activities that meet their different passions and interests.
- Fun one-to-one and group activities, such as arts and crafts, pamper sessions, games nights and reminiscence evenings.
- Regular social events for people we support and their families, including performances from local entertainers.
- Our home has its own service vehicle for day trips out and to support people’s transport needs.
- Our doors are always open – there’s no restriction on visiting hours.
The Peel is just a few minutes from the M60 and M56 and is within easy reach of local shops, supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, libraries and places of worship. We also enjoy excellent public transport links.