Charnwood Lodge is a 60 bed residential care home in Dumfries, Scotland. Recognised at the Great British Care Awards, as well as our care home, we also have an adjoining day care centre. We provide specialist residential and nursing care to older people and people living with dementia. We are proud to deliver support in your area, as part of the award-winning national social care charity Community Integrated Care.
Charnwood Lodge has been recognised for its high standards of care at the likes of the Great North East Care Awards and Scottish Care Home Awards.
With our highly trained staff, specialist facilities and philosophy of promoting happy, active and fulfilled lives, we aspire to provide the highest standards of support.
Person Centred Support
- Our colleagues receive specialist training and mentoring.
- We really get to know the people we support. To achieve this, we spend time understanding their life story and the things that are important to them, so we focus on the things that really matter to them.
- Every person we support has a named key worker who helps develop their own personalised care.
- We have strong links with The Alzheimer’s Society and local advocacy groups.
Charnwood Lodge is a warm, welcoming and friendly home that has some very special features.
- Every person has their own comfortable and spacious en-suite bedroom. They can personalise their room to their tastes.
- Our home has six living quarters to relax in and enjoy company, including television rooms and lounges as well as our large downstairs area with a library, internet room and cafe to enjoy visits from relatives.
- We have beautiful sensory gardens, so people we support can enjoy relaxation and activity outdoors.
- Couples can be accommodated for at Charnwood Lodge.
- We work with Apetito, Britain’s leading caterers for older people’s care homes. They offer an extensive range of nutritious and delicious meals, which suit every taste. We also support people who have specialist diets.
An Active Life
At Charnwood Lodge, we run an extensive activity programme and support people to enjoy days out in the community too. By getting to know the people we support well, we are able to offer activities that meet their different passions and interests.
- Fun one-to-one and group activities, such as arts and crafts, reminiscence sessions, garden parties and quiz and games nights.
- Regular social events for people we support and their families, including performances from local entertainers.
- We welcome the contribution of family members encourage feedback and ideas on our activities.
- Our doors are always open – there’s no restriction on visiting hours.
We are located near the beautiful Scottish countryside, on the outskirts of Dumfries. We are within easy reach of local shops, restaurants, parks, libraries and places of worship.
To view Charnwood Lodge's latest Care Inspectorate report click here.