Amberleigh House is a senior care home based in Fazakerley, Liverpool. Our home provides specialist care for people with age related conditions, such as dementia, and support our more able residents to remain active in their community. We take great pride in providing residents with a homely atmosphere and personalised support.
Care and Support
- As well as general residential support, Amberleigh House also provides specialist EMI and Dementia nursing/residential support.
- We provide specialist end of life care and have completed The Gold Standard Framework (currently awaiting accreditation confirmation.)
- All residents are allocated a key worker and a named nurse on admission.
- Residents have an individual care plan designed around their specific needs.
- We encourage family and friends to be involved with the creation of the care plan.
- Qualified nurses are on duty in our home, 24-hours a day.
- Our motivated staff receive a wide range of training.
- We have links with the UK’s leading dementia support charity, The Alzheimer’s Society.
- Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with their own ornaments, furnishings and photographs.
- All bedrooms have en-suite facilities and specialist furnishings.
- All religious beliefs are supported and we have regular visits from local clergy.
- Our chef caters for all diets and tastes, with freshly prepared meals cooked on site.
- We have a relatives room with home comforts to accommodate relatives when their loved ones are poorly. This can also be used for special occasions for families to get together and celebrate.
An Active Life
- Amberleigh House has a specialist activities coordinator organising sing-a-longs, reminiscence sessions, board and card games, gardening sessions bingo, etc.
- We have regular day trips to places of interest.
- Regular entertainment is provided in the home and we also have visits from local community groups.
- We host regular social events for residents and their families
- We have a Dementia Life computer for residents to use this can help with reminiscence as has lots of old pictures and TV footage from the 50s 60s and 70s. Residents can also play games on the computer
If you wish to visit Amberleigh House or if you have any questions, feel free to get touch by using the contact form below. Alternatively, you can call our Home Manager on 0151 525 8047. We look forward to talking to you.